3-Days Bangkok Itinerary

Wat Pho Reclining BuddhaThailand

It’s our first time in Thailand, so we decided to dig deeper into it’s heritage and wander around the country’s capital, Bangkok.

We only have 3 days to indulge with Thai’s culture, food and adventure, although I must admit that the Land of Smiles is worth coming back again and again. I never really said goodbye, because my intuition tells me that I’m going to see it again soon.

Thailand

So many temples to check out in one day, and then there’s shopping. I’ll go crazy on both.

Tuesday Departure from Manila
1430 Bus from Philtranco Pasay to Clark Airport
1700 ETA Diosdado Macapagal Internal Airport Clark
2045 ETD Clark airport  – Bangkok
2300 ETA Suvarnabhumi Airport, Bangkok
Airport to The Old Charm House (Ratchatewi)
Check-in Accommodation – By the pond
1st Day Wednesday
Prepare for Walking Tour (refer to temple dress code)
8:30 Skytrain to Saphan taksin
Walk down to the Central pier
Catch Orange Flag Express boats/ Chao Phraya River Express
Get off at Pier 9, Tha Chang, Grand Palace (15 minutes boat ride)
9:30 Walk 2-3 minutes to Grand Palace wall
Eat breakfast  at the market, from the pier
Amulet Market (Got lost and found Amulet Market)
10:30 Grand Palace
Wat Pra Kaew (Temple of the Emerald Buddha)
Ride Tuktuk (our biggest mistake)
14:30 WAT Pho
16:00 The Giant Swing
16:30 Democracy Monument
Head to Khao San Road and Soi Rambuttri (souvenir shopping)
Late Lunch
13:30 Back to On Nut Station by taxi
Skytrain On Nut to Siam
Lunch / Shopping: Siam Paragon & Siam Center
Walk to Pratunam Area
12:00 Platinum Fashion Mall
Pratunam Wholesale Market
15:00 Pratunam Complex ( Buy Tamarind)
Pratunam Centre
Walk to Ratchatewi
Skytrain to Sala Daeng
Patpong Red Light District and Patpong Night Market
Silom MRT to Suan Lum Night Market
Skytrain to Ratchatewi
3rd Day Friday
9:00 Last minute shopping : Platinum Mall / Pratunam Area
12:30 Check-out at the Old Charm House, Deposit luggage
13:00 skytrain to Victory Monument
13:30 Amphawa Van
16:00 Amphawa floating market
Food trip at the floating market
17:30 Take van going back to victory monument
Bad Traffic.
Check out Chatuchak Market (but its close due to heavy rains as well as outside stalls in Pratunam Area)
21:30 Claim Luggages at Old Charm House
Taxi to Suvarnabhumi Airport
Saturday Arrival in Manila
0:40 ETD BKK to Manila
4:55 ETA NAIA 3

Our beautiful accommodation is a secret hideaway from the bustling city of Bangkok. It’s just a walking distance away from BTS Skytrain and Pratunam Area. I can’t wait to go back.

Get the latest update and Like us on Facebook!

Haven Hunter -Weekend Haven

You Might Also Like

22 Comments

• Reply nina September 1, 2010 at 12:58 am

Ang happy sa Old Charm no?

• havenhunter
      Reply havenhunter September 1, 2010 at 4:24 am

True. We’ll definitely go back. Sayang lang, they close the dorms na. Walang budget. I’m hoping they get more clients to sustain the whole place.:)

• Reply First Night in Thailand | Weekend Haven September 1, 2010 at 4:01 am

[…] our last minute changes in Backpacking Bangkok itinerary, booking our accommodations and researching the best budget friendly routes to our destinations […]

• Reply The Grand Palace, Bangkok | Weekend Haven September 14, 2010 at 4:03 am

[…] Thailand itinerary will get  you started with the information needed such as commuters guide, landmarks, fees, […]

• Reply Bangkok Walking Tour: Around the City | Weekend Haven November 6, 2010 at 2:50 pm

[…] Shortly after boarding the tuktuk, I realized that we were off to a scam deal. There has been a lot of writings about the tuktuk ride so I felt hesitant to continue since we were on a very tight schedule and we can’t tolerate and buy time to make a stop to a jewelry shop, a tailoring shop or any exorbitant souvenir shop, that aren’t part of our itinerary. […]

• Reply A Glimpse of Thailand : Discover the Ancient City | Weekend Haven December 12, 2010 at 3:08 pm

[…] our Thailand itinerary […]

• Reply rayanne February 22, 2011 at 1:36 pm

hi there…

your blog is very informative esp since we’re also planning to use the mtr on most of our travels… i was hoping you could send me directions to amphawa floating market? is this different from teh damnoen floating market? and the expenses? tnx….

• Reply rayanne March 25, 2011 at 11:35 am

hi there again..

tnx for the blogpost on amphawa floating market… btw, amphawa is near compared to damnoen saduak? like how far from bangkok….

i hope you dont mind me asking too many queries since i find your blog very interesting due to the fact that youmake used of the mtr a lot… whch we planned on using as well..

thnks hope 2 hear from you soon

• havenhunter
      Reply havenhunter March 26, 2011 at 6:33 pm

Hi Rayanne, I think in terms of travel time medyo same lang. But if you’re planning to go by yourselves without getting an agent or package tour, Amphawa is easily accessible via public transport. At Damnoen Saduak, if I remember correctly, you either have to take a skytrain, LRT and a cab or hop on or a private tour. Travel time to Amphawa is about 1.5 -2 hours (van from Victory Monument) depends on the traffic.

• Reply rayanne March 28, 2011 at 7:35 am

tnx for the info! :)

• Reply Bunny March 31, 2011 at 9:39 am

Hi there!
    I found your blog so informative.very useful for me since I am going to Thailand couple of months from now.If you don’t mind me asking, how much did you spend for your 3-day vacay (just rough estimation) coz i don’t have any idea on how much should I bring.

• havenhunter
      Reply havenhunter April 3, 2011 at 3:21 pm

Hi Bunny,

Thanks for reading :) Roughly around 5k per person including accommodations, entrance fees and transport :)

• Reply Pika February 12, 2012 at 11:55 am

Hi There, I will be going to bangkok on Saturday and this itinerary will definitely help me. I just have a question about transportation from Airport to hotel. Did you take the MTR at 11PM? Or did you take a cab?

• havenhunter
      Reply havenhunter February 14, 2012 at 7:55 am

Hi Pika, sorry I wasn’t able to reply immediately. When we went there last time, the MTR wasn’t operating yet, so we took the cab to our hotel. I remember paying an airport parking fee additional to the total fare. have fun in bangkok! :)

• Reply Rainbow May 22, 2012 at 10:21 pm

hi sir! your itinerary looks very helpful..magkano po angestimated budget (excluding hotel)? tsaka paano po ang conversion ng peso to baht?

• havenhunter
      Reply havenhunter May 22, 2012 at 11:10 pm

Hi Rainbow, thanks for reading. We spent around 10k in total for the 3 days (excluding airfare) including accommodations, travel tax, terminal fees, shopping money.

• Reply Rainbow May 27, 2012 at 10:12 pm

ma’am! im so sorry for calling you sir. my mistake :-(
    thanks so much for your response. one last thing po, hehe. papano po magpapapalit ng peso to THB? may direct po ba? i heard kailangan po dollars muna?

• havenhunter
      Reply havenhunter May 27, 2012 at 10:29 pm

No worries :) You can change Peso to THB at Thailand’s Airport. There are a lot of money changers when you exit the immigration. Have fun in Bangkok! :-)

• Reply Marga November 5, 2012 at 4:39 am

Hi, read your blog and wanted to know how much yung budget including accomodation and airfare for the three days for each person? thanks! hoping for your reply

• havenhunter
      Reply havenhunter November 8, 2012 at 10:28 pm

Hi Marga, we spent roughly 5k per person including accommodation, transport, food, etc., excluding airfares. We got the promo tickets from Cebu Pacific which costs us only P1,200 per person for a round-trip clark-bangkok-manila flight :)

• Reply Neoxclinke February 22, 2013 at 11:59 am

hey! I’ll be in Bangkok with my mum at the end of this month and I’m so happy I’ve found your itinerary post. We’ll try to follow your lead. ^___^