Northern Escape 2010

Pagudpud, Ilocos Norte

An Invitation to Join NORTHERN ESCAPE 2010!

A Budget Trip to:  Laoag – Ilocos – Pagudpud – Vigan

Date: April 30, 2010 – May 4, 2010

3 Days Itinerary:

April 30, 2010

2200H meeting/assembly time Shell, Ayala cor Edsa
0700H ETA Vigan

Day 1/ May 01, 2010
Food Inclusion (Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner)

•    Quirino Bridge in Bantay
•    St. Augustine Church and Bell Tower
•    St. Paul Cathedral
•    Calle Crisologo (Old Houses Vigan)
•    Marcos Mausoleum
•    Batac Empanada
•    Paoay Church
•    Malacanan of the North
•    Fort Ilocandia
•    Sinking Bell Tower, Laoag
•    Vintar Ilocos Norte

Day 2 / May 02, 2010
Food Inclusion ( Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner )

•    Bangui Windmills
•    Ilocos – Cagayan Boundary Canopy
•    Paraiso ni Anton
•    Patapat Viaduct
•    Maira-ira Cove (Blue Lagoon) -Lunch
•    Kapurpurawan rock
•    Burgos Lighthouse
•    Pasuquin Bakery (Maker of Biscocho)

Day 3 / May 03, 2010
Food Inclusion (Breakfast)

•    Badoc – Juan Luna Shrine
•    Chavit Singson’s Baluarte
•    Fr. Jose Burgos Museum
•    Pagburnayan (Vigan Jar Factory)
•    Crisologo Museum
•    Marcia’s Royal Bibingka

ETD Vigan: May 3, 3PM
ETA Manila: May 4, 12MN

Budget / Expense : P3,500 / person
Inclusions : Food, Van Rental, Accommodation, Entrance/Misc Fees

To Bring:

Swimwear
Camera with (batteries & memory cards :)
Small pillow to make yourself comfortable during the whole trip.

Van is airconditioned FB L300, fronting seats (jeep style), so you might want to bring advil or bonamine, if you get easily nauseated from long travels.

No. of Guests : Max 15 / open to everyone

For more information, visit Facebook Event or drop me a message.

Get the latest update and Like us on Facebook!

Haven Hunter -Weekend Haven

You Might Also Like

23 Comments

• Reply SpicyMother April 14, 2010 at 9:53 pm

The trip quite affordable for me. Got any photos of the tourist attractions or not?

• havenhunter
      Reply havenhunter April 15, 2010 at 5:40 am

@SpicyMother – thanks for dropping by. I’ll post some photos at the facebook event wall. You can check it out later :)

• Reply toni_rose April 15, 2010 at 5:31 pm

hi! very interested!!! yan na ba ung amount or possible pa na tumaas? thanks!!!

• havenhunter
      Reply havenhunter April 15, 2010 at 6:22 pm

hi toni_rose, yan na yung total amount. You’re welcome to join us :)

• Reply toni_rose April 15, 2010 at 7:59 pm

thank you… pls email me na lang ng details… bawal kasi fb dito sa office… hehehe. thank you ulit

• Reply chelle April 16, 2010 at 11:38 am

may slots pa ba for this trip?thanks…. pano ung mode of payment? please email me.thanks.

• havenhunter
      Reply havenhunter April 16, 2010 at 12:01 pm

Hi Chelle, yes meron pang slots. I’ll email you :)

• Reply Mr. Havenhunter April 16, 2010 at 9:43 pm

Ilan na ba sure na kasama?

• Reply Andy April 19, 2010 at 11:00 am

Hi! may available slots pa po ba?? please email me. Thanks

• Reply toni_rose April 28, 2010 at 4:08 pm

hi! any updates?

• havenhunter
      Reply havenhunter April 28, 2010 at 5:11 pm

@toni_rose – i just updated the itinerary with the changes. :)

• Reply tsina May 8, 2010 at 11:02 pm

I hope I could join next time. :)

• Reply Ultimate Summer Getaway: Northern Escape 2010 (Day 1) | Weekend Haven May 18, 2010 at 2:43 am

[…] Refer to our Vigan – Laoag – Pagudpud – Ilocos Itinerary here. […]

• Reply Northern Escapade Day 2 : Sun, Sea and Sand | Weekend Haven June 4, 2010 at 1:08 am

[…] you are interested on a budget travel to the North, hop in to read our Ilocos itinerary and check the customized 3 days adventure which covers cultural, historic and nature encounter at […]

• Reply kenn June 5, 2010 at 5:30 pm

Hi! I’d like to ask re: the next scheduled dates for the northern escapade. I’m interested in joining.
    Thanks.

• havenhunter
      Reply havenhunter June 5, 2010 at 7:42 pm

@kenn – thanks for dropping by ken. Unfortunately, we don’t have any scheduled trip to the North at the near future. Maybe on Summer 2011 again. You can use our itinerary though if you plan to go with your friends/family and I can provide you with contact number of vehicle to rent/guide from there.

• Reply my melody June 22, 2010 at 4:22 pm

Hi,

I will be going to Laoag this July and I’m going to follow your itinerary :) Were you able to go to all the places you wanted to visit or are there any more additional places you would have wanted to add but didn’t because of the time constraint? I hope you could email me back :) Thanks!

• havenhunter
      Reply havenhunter June 22, 2010 at 9:21 pm

Hi Melody,

Thanks for dropping by. :) We were able to visit all except that Crisologo Museum was closed when we stopped by at Vigan. We also added Sarrat Church on our 3rd day.

We could probably add a trek to the falls, kaibigan falls/ kaangrian falls, but due to time constraint we didn’t include it on the list. And we were also considering if everyone can join since some aren’t fit for the 2 hours trek.

Happy to Help,

Valerie

• Reply mcm March 16, 2011 at 9:47 am

hi, the price still the same?

• havenhunter
      Reply havenhunter March 21, 2011 at 11:51 pm

Hi MCM,

As much as we’d like to do Northern Escape again, we don’t have the luxury to plan one soon. I think there are a lot of tour groups out there who can help you out. Have fun in Norte! :)

• Reply Hershey June 7, 2012 at 4:07 pm

Hi, can you send me your contact of your vehicles hire and where did you stay?

• havenhunter
      Reply havenhunter June 10, 2012 at 12:31 am

Hi Hershey, the vehicle we rented out as well as the accommodation was generously provided by our relatives. But there are similar alternative cheap accommodations in Ilocos. I don’t have a list now though, but I hope you find other information here helpful. :)

• Reply 5 Budget Destinations in Asia | Weekend Haven April 27, 2013 at 1:32 am

[…] Going further South, visit Vigan and get lost at Calle Crisologo’s bygone era of Spanish houses and cobbled stone street. For a sample of Ilocos Itinerary, click here. […]