Manila, Philippines is where the Best & Longest Christmas Celebration is happening. It is a wonderful season to share, shop and party! As early as September, radio stations play Christmas Carols on air. Shopping Centers get crowded. The glittering Christmas lights and spectacular decorations light up the street until January. Kids and Young at heart eagerly waits for Santa to fulfill their wishes. Christmas bonus brings happiness to everyone. Parties here and there.
The New Year Celebration is undeniably the most lively event of the year. In every street, people gather to put up their own fireworks display. Some prefer to welcome 2010 with live concerts and feast on sumptuous Media Noche by 12.
To send off a great 2009, here’s a New Year’s Meme Edition:
1. What did you do in 2009 that you’d never done before?
- Be a housewife.
- Work full time as freelance professional.
- Paradise Getaway with husband in Hong Kong, Negros & Cebu Island in Philippines.
2. Did you keep your New Year’s resolutions, and will you make more for the new year?
I can’t even remember my New Year’s Resolution for 2009. =( But this year I hope to lose weight and be serious with it.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Yes. Beth, my former housemate gave birth to a beautiful angel.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
Yes. Husband’s aunt and Godmother to our marriage passed away.
5. What countries did you visit?
6. What would you like to have in 2010 that you lacked in 2009?
The first quarter of 2009 was crazy and I had to deal with a hectic schedule right after the wedding. My schedule moderated down on the 2nd quarter. I got so used to the laid back atmosphere since then but I am ending it soon as I would be challenging myself to be more proactive in 2010.
7. What dates from 2009 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
June 30th – an overnight trip to Sonya’s Garden in Tagaytay | Dec. 30th – Wedding Anniversary
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Make a living out of my freelance work.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Staying fit and sticking to my diet.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
No major health issues.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
2009 is a big year for us after the wedding. We were busy furnishing and decorating our house all through out the year. Our major purchase goes out to furniture items.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Husband for being so patient and understanding.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
The person who stood me up on my wedding.
14. Where did most of your money go?
Travels. Credit Card companies.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Traveling makes me giddy.
16. What song will always remind you of 2009?
I Gotta Feeling by Black Eyed Peas | Nobody but You – Wonder Girls
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:a) happier or sadder? b) thinner or fatter? c) richer or poorer?
a) happier b) fatter … waaahhhh c) same.
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Exercise and work out.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
20. How did you spend Christmas?
We visited my parents and went to hear a Christmas Mass. Cap off the evening with Noche Buena at my mother-in-law’s home.
21. Did you fall in love in 2009?
Yes, over and over again. Cheezy!!!
22. How many one-night stands?
23. What was your favorite TV program?
Gossip Girl. Local: BOF, Survivor Palau & PBB… yeah, I’m a sucker for drama!
24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
Hate is a very strong word that I would not use as of the moment.
25. What was the best book you read?
I was able to read three books in 2009. The Lost Symbol by Dan Brown, Queen of Babble by Meg Cabot & Kapitan Sino by Bob Ong. None stirred my emotions though, but all are good reads. I should be reading more books in 2010.
26. What was your greatest musical discovery?
27. What did you want and get?
A lot of things. I make it a point that if I really want something, I work hard to get it whatever it takes.
28. What did you want and not get?
One piece of jewelry I was expecting to receive long time ago…
29. What was your favorite film of 2009?
Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen; Confessions of a Shopaholic
30. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
Let’s just say that I’m in late 20’s. ;P Spent it at home, with family.
31. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
2009 was a great year for us and I feel so blessed to be where I am and who I’m with now. I couldn’t ask for more. What would make it immeasurably more satisfying is if some things happened the way I wanted it too. But I learned life don’t always work that way.
32. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008?
Summer all through out the year. Floral dresses & shorts. Comfy fit.
33. What kept you sane?
Sleep. FB Games. Travel plans. Work.
34. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
I ♥ Patrick Dempsey & Hugh Jackman. Girl Crush: Megan Fox (hot!)
35. What political issue stirred you the most?
The morbid Maguindanao Massacre and Presidentiables for 2010.
36. Who did you miss?
Old friends I shared moments and convos.
37. Who was the best new person you met?
Moving with my husband let me experienced and mingle more with his family and relatives. Its great to have the familiar crazy and loving extended family, it always feels like home .
38. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2009.
Life is short and while making the most out of it by being happy and contented, we should also be an instrument to others life. What we can do now, places we can afford to go, and things that will make us happy, strive for it to achieve sooner before its too late.
39. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
Lets Do it (x3)
and live it up
I gotta feeling that tonight’s gonna be a good night
that tonight’s gonna be a good night
that tonight’s gonna be a good good night (x2)
Tonight’s the night
let’s live it up
I got my money
Lets spend it up
Cheers to 2010!