Got My E-Passport

Philippines E-passport

My new passport is here. Yay, time to rock the world!

I applied for my new passport in DFA last Nov. 27 for change status / last name and just hired 2Go Courier Service to claim it on my behalf and be delivered at our place. Talking about convenience.

We completed the Application process in DFA Manila in less than 3 hours, getting in as early as 7 AM. Good thing husband is with me and we were able to pass through Courtesy Lane. Total damage cost P1,200 for the e-passport and P99 for the courier service.

Some noticeable difference is that the old passport is green, while the new one is maroon. Although, I’d really like it to be black. There is a microchip embedded in the cover, I guess for machine scanning. So, I’d be extra careful then not to bend it over during our trips.

You can still get the ordinary passport which is less expensive. Although, rumor has it that the use of old passports will be terminated by 2010.

Check out the Department of Foreign Affairs website for Application requirements. Avoid the long queue by making an appointment at the Consular Services. Appointments for Renewal of Machine Readable Passport & E-passport are offered at DFA Website.

Get the latest update and Like us on Facebook!

Haven Hunter -Weekend Haven

You Might Also Like

11 Comments

• Reply anthony January 19, 2010 at 4:04 am

Hello!

Just want to ask if how many days it takes to get your e passport? Thanks

• havenhunter
      Reply havenhunter January 19, 2010 at 10:35 am

it’s 7 working days for e-passport :)

• Reply Mari February 2, 2010 at 8:43 am

Hello Valeri,thanks for posting..i want to know the requirements u brought with u as u change ur status in yer passport as am applying as well for epassport..thanks

• havenhunter
      Reply havenhunter February 2, 2010 at 11:26 am

Hi Mari, I only presented 2 valid IDs, my old passport and NSO certified marriage certificate. There’s an online application for renewal to save you up from waiting time where you can go directly to another courtesy lane for online applicants. :)

• Reply ruel February 23, 2010 at 2:11 pm

hmmm looks the same as the machine-readable version. could one still provide his own passport photo on the e-passport?

• havenhunter
      Reply havenhunter February 23, 2010 at 4:25 pm

Hi Ruel,
      Own Passport photo is still required when you submit your application. No bearing with the new passport though since they will use the impromptu shots taken from their machine after submission.

• Reply ruel February 23, 2010 at 10:19 pm

awww sayang naman. by experience kasi (or is it just me) eh di maganda photos taken from cams ng government agencies like sa LTO hehe. thanks for the info :)

• Reply ish July 11, 2011 at 9:15 am

What are the requirements to be submitted in order for me to apply for philippine passport? I’m still 17, and I wanted to have my passport…

• Reply kelly August 31, 2014 at 12:26 am

question lang natupi ung first page ng passport ko ung page na may pic.. ah valid pa ba yun.

• Reply kelly August 31, 2014 at 12:35 am

ung tupi niya nsa lower right side at lower left side nung page. naiwan ko kasi sa loose na bag ko kya natupi.