The first one that comes to mind when you ask me about my dream destination is Santorini in Greece, which is in close competition with Maldives. I just love how these two places are so distant from stress and civilization. Traveling from the other end of the world isn’t easy though and will require tedious planning and a lot of cash.
So, what I discovered recently got me really excited. I found out a new haven, just inside the country. No, its not Sonya’s Garden but can you keep a secret?
Bellarocca Island Resort and Spa in Marinduque, Philippines just opened last February 14, 2009. The Mediterranean architecture sets it apart from other luxury resorts.
Marinduque is a quiet town I plan to explore soon. Popular for its Moriones Festival during lent season. But I am more excited that beyond the seaside cliffs and and valley hills, there are still a lot of unexplored caves, waterfalls, hot springs and distinct flora and faunas.
Only Zest Air offers flight to Marinduque four times a week.
The beauty of Marinduque is mystical, and the addition of a weekend getaway like Bellarocca Resorts is something that Philippines can be proud of. And its the closest I can get to my dream Santorini getaway for now.
The resort’s facility includes ten private villas, thirty hotel rooms (with diverse choice from hotel deluxe rooms, junior suites and 1-bedroom suites), food and beverage outlets and water sports activities and tours.
All villas are equipped with its own private infinity pool that look out into Sibuyan Sea. Individual golf carts are also provided.
Here’s more and I bet you’ll be checking for flights to Marinduque after reading:
- Seaside Pavilion Eternity Pool with Sunken Bar
- Natural Hot Spring Swimming Pool
- Meditation Sanctuary with Pilates and Yoga Instructors
- Tea House with uninterrupted view of the ocean
- Picnic grove engulfed by lush tropical gardens
- Seaside Cafe and Marina
- Rejuvenating Spa services at the Hillside Spa Room
Hotel facilities include fine dining restaurant, Piano Lounge, lap pool for swimmers and deck beds for sun worshipers.
Unwind and relax to a total comfort zone surrounded by pristine water, lush garden, stunning sea side view and clear blue skies. Bellarocca has an ongoing promo that extends up to 40% off their Special Introductory rates until Oct. 31, 2009. Did I mention it is inclusive of a yacht / speedboat transfers from the Airport to the Island and back? Refreshments are served on board.
For golf enthusiast, Bellarocca offers a 9-hole golf course.
INTRODUCTORY RATES:Valid from 14 March 2009 to 31 October 2009 (except Peak Travel Dates)
*Rates are Per Room Per Night, Single or Twin Sharing (unless otherwise indicated above, in US DOLLARS, INCLUSIVE of 12%
government Tax & 10% Service Charge and are subject to change without prior notice.
* Adult pricing begins at 13 years and older.
* US Dollar rates are converted to Philippine Pesos at the time of payment.
* Minimum night stays may apply during Peak Travel Periods:
PEAK PERIODS:Christmas & New Year (Dec. 18, 2009 – 03, 2010);
Chinese New Year (January 23 – February 01, 2009) & (February 07-14, 2010);
Easter (April 5-12, 2009); Golden Week (April 26 – May 10, 2009);Obon Period (August 7-16, 2009)
Inclusions PER ROOM PER NIGHT, single or twin sharing:
* Seas transfers by yacht / speedboat (Marinduque Airport – Resort – Marinduque Airport) with light refreshments served on board
*weather & sea conditions permitting; otherwise land transfers arrangements will be provided
* Welcome refreshments at the Resort
* Intimate and luxurious accommodation with individual climate control; Plasma TV with complete DVD Player and stereo system, satellite cable TV and pay-per-view movies; Ipod dock & speakers; pillow selections; modern bath & rain shower facilities with complete range of bathroom amenities; and private balcony or garden
*All villas have its own eternity pool, jacuzzi, pocket garden, and golf cart
* Complimentary internet connectivity
* Complimentary drinking bottles of water in the room, replenished daily
* Complimentary coffee & tea selections in room
* Use of the golf carts
* Complimentary access to the resort’s range of exclusive facilities and recreational activities, i.e. 9-hole golf course, 3 main swimming pools, tea house, meditation sanctuary and fitness gym
TRANSFERS BETWEEN MANILA AND MARINDUQUE:
- Private transfers – luxury yachts, charter flights, and helicopter arrangements between Manila and Marinduque are coursed through our Reservations Department.
- All flights have limited seats and are confirmed on a first come-first serve basis.
- Actual schedules may change depending on seasonality and weather conditions.
- Commercial flights may be coursed through the airline/s’ respective online reservations or through their reservations departments.
Click thumbnail to view larger image:
Oh, escape with me to paradise!