Dream Haven: Bellarocca Island Resort and Spa

bellarocca infinity pool

The first one that comes to mind when you ask me about my dream destination is Santorini in Greece, which is in close competition with Maldives. I just love how these two places are so distant from stress and civilization. Traveling from the other end of the world isn’t easy though and will require tedious planning and a lot of cash.

So, what I discovered recently got me really excited. I found out a new haven, just inside the country. No, its not Sonya’s Garden but can you keep a secret?

bellaroca logo

Bellarocca Island Resort and Spa in Marinduque, Philippines just opened last February 14, 2009. The Mediterranean architecture sets it apart from other luxury resorts.

Marinduque is a quiet town I plan to explore soon. Popular for its Moriones Festival during lent season. But I am more excited that beyond the seaside cliffs and and valley hills, there are still a lot of unexplored caves, waterfalls, hot springs and distinct flora and faunas.

Only Zest Air offers flight to Marinduque four times a week.

Bellaroca infinity

The beauty of Marinduque is mystical, and the addition of a weekend getaway like Bellarocca Resorts is something that Philippines can be proud of. And its the closest I can get to my dream Santorini getaway for now.

The resort’s facility includes ten private villas, thirty hotel rooms (with diverse choice from hotel deluxe rooms, junior suites and 1-bedroom suites), food and beverage outlets and water sports activities and tours.

All villas are equipped with its own private infinity pool that look out into Sibuyan Sea. Individual golf carts are also provided.

Here’s more and I bet you’ll be checking for flights to Marinduque after reading:

• Seaside Pavilion Eternity Pool with Sunken Bar
  • Natural Hot Spring Swimming Pool
  • Meditation Sanctuary with Pilates and Yoga Instructors
  • Tea House with uninterrupted view of the ocean
  • Picnic grove engulfed by lush tropical gardens
  • Seaside Cafe and Marina
  • Rejuvenating Spa services at the Hillside Spa Room

Hotel facilities include fine dining restaurant, Piano Lounge, lap pool for swimmers and deck beds for sun worshipers.

Unwind and relax to a total comfort zone surrounded by pristine water, lush garden, stunning sea side view and clear blue skies. Bellarocca has an ongoing promo that extends up to 40% off their Special Introductory rates until Oct. 31, 2009. Did I mention it is inclusive of a yacht / speedboat transfers from the Airport to the Island and back? Refreshments are served on board.

For golf enthusiast, Bellarocca offers a 9-hole golf course.

bellaroca resort

INTRODUCTORY RATES:Valid from 14 March 2009 to 31 October 2009 (except Peak Travel Dates)

bellarocca rate

*Rates are Per Room Per Night, Single or Twin Sharing (unless otherwise indicated above, in US DOLLARS, INCLUSIVE of 12%

government Tax & 10% Service Charge and are subject to change without prior notice.

* Adult pricing begins at 13 years and older.

* US Dollar rates are converted to Philippine Pesos at the time of payment.

* Minimum night stays may apply during Peak Travel Periods:

PEAK PERIODS:Christmas & New Year (Dec. 18, 2009 – 03, 2010);

Chinese New Year (January 23 – February 01, 2009) & (February 07-14, 2010);

Easter (April 5-12, 2009); Golden Week (April 26 – May 10, 2009);Obon Period (August 7-16, 2009)

Inclusions PER ROOM PER NIGHT, single or twin sharing:

* Seas transfers by yacht / speedboat (Marinduque Airport – Resort – Marinduque Airport) with light refreshments served on board

*weather & sea conditions permitting; otherwise land transfers arrangements will be provided

* Welcome refreshments at the Resort

* Intimate and luxurious accommodation with individual climate control; Plasma TV with complete DVD Player and stereo system, satellite cable TV and pay-per-view movies; Ipod dock & speakers; pillow selections; modern bath & rain shower facilities with complete range of bathroom amenities; and private balcony or garden

*All villas have its own eternity pool, jacuzzi, pocket garden, and golf cart

* Complimentary internet connectivity

* Complimentary drinking bottles of water in the room, replenished daily

* Complimentary coffee & tea selections in room

* Use of the golf carts

* Complimentary access to the resort’s range of exclusive facilities and recreational activities, i.e. 9-hole golf course, 3 main swimming pools, tea house, meditation sanctuary and fitness gym

TRANSFERS BETWEEN MANILA AND MARINDUQUE:

- Private transfers – luxury yachts, charter flights, and helicopter arrangements between Manila and Marinduque are coursed through our Reservations Department.

- All flights have limited seats and are confirmed on a first come-first serve basis.

- Actual schedules may change depending on seasonality and weather conditions.

- Commercial flights may be coursed through the airline/s’ respective online reservations or through their reservations departments.

~0~

Click thumbnail to view larger image:

Website: http://www.bellaroccaresorts.com

E-mail: info@bellaroccaresorts.com

Oh, escape with me to paradise!

Get the latest update and Like us on Facebook!

Haven Hunter -Weekend Haven

You Might Also Like

48 Comments

• Reply » Dream Haven: Bellaroca Island Resort and Spa April 29, 2009 at 2:24 pm

[…] Read more from the original source: Dream Haven: Bellaroca Island Resort and Spa […]

• Reply bocs lina June 18, 2009 at 9:07 pm

Do you allow photoshoots for a calendar in your resort????
    20 pax to stay at least 3 nights

• Reply travelbug June 25, 2009 at 8:43 am

Nice discovery! Do they have a website? Hi where in marinduque in particular is bellaroca? Hows the food and the pricing? Is it safe to bring a toddler? Is there a boat going there? like roro or superferry?

• Reply Codewalkz July 10, 2009 at 1:36 pm

Hi,

We are currently building VisitmArinduque.com and we would like to ask for permission to use the images herein. We are just concerned citizens of Marinduque and we are currently helping to improve tourism in the province. We will place your website in ours if permission will be given.
    Thank you and more Power!

• Reply Benjamin Locsin Layug July 12, 2009 at 11:50 am

I am a travel writer for the Business Mirror and I would like to do an article on your resort. You can check out my past articles (especially those I did for Fuego Hotel’s Pearl Farm, Taal Vista Hotel and Hotel Vida) at the above websites or at http://www.businessmirror.com.ph. I am also an author of 3 books: A Philippine Odyssey: A Collection of Featured Travel Articles (New Day Publishers, 2005), Pathfinders Travel Guide: Boracay (Great Books trading, 2006) and A Tourist Guide to Notable Philippine Churches (New Day, 2007). In September, I will be launching my second Philippine Odyssey at Philippine International Bookfair in September. I am also creating my own travel website (www.biyahero.net). Check it out

• Reply Bellarocca Info July 22, 2009 at 3:27 pm

Thank you HAVEN HUNTER for the interesting feature on Bellarocca. We are currently finalizing our website which will be up hopefully in the coming week. For all enquiries regarding the resort, please direct them to info@bellaroccaresorts.com or call (63 2) 817 4211 and we shall be delighted to assist you.

Looking forward to seeing you all at the island very soon!

Very truly yours,

KRISTINE REBUTICA
    Sales Manager, Direct

• havenhunter
      Reply havenhunter July 29, 2009 at 11:20 am

Hi Kristine,

Its always my pleasure to feature Philippine’s best destination. Thank you for visiting my blog.

More Power!

• Reply jerome September 1, 2009 at 10:09 am

please call me 0917-5269996 for reservation

• Reply jerome September 1, 2009 at 10:16 am

What’s your contact #?

• Reply Bunker October 20, 2009 at 2:19 am

Hmm… I read blogs on a similar topic, but i never visited your blog. I added it to favorites and i’ll be your constant reader.

• Reply vany November 2, 2009 at 2:31 pm

Hi guys, you can take a RoRo going to Marinduque. All you have to do is take a bus ride going to Lucena (Dalahican port). It’s a good 2-3 hour ride. The buses are comfortable and spacious. Once you are at the Dlahican port, take a ferry/RoRo bound for Marinduque. I strongly recommend that you ride JAC liner which has a bus terminal in Buendia, Pasay City. The fare costs roughly around 300 pesos for the bus and 150 for the RoRo. Some of their buses though could be transported via RoRo. That would cost around 500 pesos I think. When you get to Balanacan port, you would see FXs there, would cost around 30-40 pesos each depending on the destination. :) I’m so proud that Marinduque is starting to become popular after all these years.

• Reply Jamie November 24, 2009 at 6:37 pm

My boyfriend brought me there just this weekend for our first anniversary. The place was truly breathtaking and the people were wonderful and very accommodating. They made our celebration truly special. The prices for the food, etc were on the steep side but everything’s worth it. Bellarocca is a place that you just have to see and experience, believe me.

• Reply Krisca November 27, 2009 at 9:39 pm

Wow, really tempting as my fiance & I are getting married in December. This is a lovely place to consider for a honeymoon :) Are there direct flights from Davao?

• havenhunter
      Reply havenhunter November 27, 2009 at 10:49 pm

hi krisca,

i think only zest air offers direct flight to marinduque from manila. happy honeymooning!

• Reply hans December 8, 2009 at 12:29 pm

hi there, just would like to share with everyone that zest air only flies on m-w-f. good thing you can fly via seair on t-th-sat but booking can only be done via phone. my wife, kid and i are about to go there this weekend and looking forward to experience the hype!

• Reply Ivy December 21, 2009 at 6:21 pm

Hi po,im impress please email me your contact details I want to inquire
    Thanks.

• Reply kaye January 16, 2010 at 7:58 am

hi there , i will coming from cebu . can i take supercat going there. more or less how long. bad expereinces with sea air n scary flight with zest air.

• Reply jenine January 28, 2010 at 9:15 pm

well, i have always been engrossed with marinduque :)
    my dad grew up there but we currently live here
    in manila.
    its just a small province but with lots of good people.

we are way too excited with bellarocca (formerly known as elephant island because of its shape) and my family wonder if
    we could just go there and enjoy their other amenities
    because since we have home in marinduque we just want to
    hang out there. would it be possible? how much? if you just know :)

if you also happen to know the tres reyes island which is 15min away from marinduque but still considered to be part of marinduque.
    it is a beautiful island too. surrounded with white pebbles. :)
    less costly than bellarocca, because you just have to pay for your kubo or cottage. but nothing can beat the santorini look of bellarocca.

till here!

• Reply NANA BELLAROCCA February 1, 2010 at 5:14 pm

Hi all,

Thank you very much for your comments. Please visit our website for additional information and pictures of the resort (http://bellaroccaresorts.com/index.php?file=kop1.php). If you have further questions, feel free to send us an email at info@bellaroccaresorts.com. We will be happy to assist you in any way we can.

Have a good day ahead and we look forward to seeing you all at the island!

Cheers,

Nana – Assistant Marketing Manager

• Reply harecat February 5, 2010 at 11:52 pm

I’ve been to BellaRocca last year and it was a great stay and experience. Its PERFECT GET AWAY PARADISE. Service is excellent, people were so nice and accomodating…i felt like a bellarocca baby when i was there. I have been enchanted with the beauty of this elephant shaped (top view)island. Thank you for the warm accomodation. By the way, i was raised in Marinduque. May God Bless You All!!!

• Reply NANA BELLAROCCA February 18, 2010 at 2:07 pm

Hi Harecat! We’re really happy to hear that your stay at Bellarocca was perfect. Rest assured that we always aim to provide our guests with the excellent service that they deserve. If you have the time, we would be very delighted to have you again on the island. Please let us know when you’ll be free to visit us again and we’ll be happy to forward to you our rates, packages, and promos. God bless!

• Reply Deo February 21, 2010 at 11:45 pm

hello there!
    Born and raised in Marinduque,Can i just walk-in and have a Tee time and for how much?

• Reply NANA BELLAROCCA March 8, 2010 at 5:35 pm

Hi Deo! Glad to know that you’re from Marinduque! Unfortunately, we do not offer day tours to the resort, but have overnight rates. To fully experience Bellarocca and what it has to offer, I suggest that you take one of our summer lifestyle packages available at http://www.bellaroccaresorts.com this 2010. :)

• Reply Iris March 12, 2010 at 10:04 pm

Hi,NANA,I’m an editor from 《名Famous》 magazine in China,and I would like to do an article to introduce Bellarocca on our travel feature this month, would you offer me some pics of your resort large enough which could be printed ? My email:pankej@gmail.com

• Reply Tweets that mention Dream Haven: Bellarocca Island Resort and Spa | Weekend Haven -- Topsy.com March 25, 2010 at 11:37 pm

[…] This post was mentioned on Twitter by apple macariola. apple macariola said: Dream Haven: Bellarocca Island Resort and Spa – http://b2l.me/jrm85 (via @surrealprincess) […]

• Reply aldo phillip April 4, 2010 at 7:53 pm

Do you have package for two? good for 3 days & 2 nights?

• Reply aldo phillip April 4, 2010 at 7:54 pm

You can just email me at aldo_phillip79@yahoo.com.

• Reply NANA OF BELLAROCCA April 6, 2010 at 5:40 pm

Hi Aldo Phillip! I’ll be sending you our rates and packages within the day. Let me know if you have additional questions. Thank you and we hope to see you on the island soon!

• Reply ash April 7, 2010 at 1:38 am

do you have a package good for 2 persons for 3 days with fair from manila to marinduque and marinduque back to manila? how much the exact price?

• Reply NANA OF BELLAROCCA April 7, 2010 at 4:08 pm

Hi Ash! Is it possible to get your email address so I can send you our rates and all the information regarding a possible trip to our resort? You can also send us an email at info@bellaroccaresorts.com or give us a call at (02) 817-7290 if this would be more convenient for you. Thanks!

• havenhunter
      Reply havenhunter April 11, 2010 at 3:11 am

Hi Nana, thanks for answering the queries. I appreciate you drop by here. Will post the updates you sent me soon. :)

• Reply Top 10 Luxury Resorts in the Philippines | Weekend Haven April 15, 2010 at 2:30 am

[…] on rolling terrain contrasted with the azure blue of the sky above and the clear water below, Bellarocca Island Resort and Spa offers a fantastic experience unlike any other place in the Philippines and across South-East […]

• Reply cream_puffs May 21, 2010 at 10:16 am

hi,

fyi, may raffle po for soon to weds at mga kasal na sa bellarocca. you might wanna try your luck ;)

here’s the website:

• Reply roijohn July 8, 2010 at 6:24 pm

what is the difference in your spa on other>???

• Reply Marinduque resort offers Mediterranean-inspired experience « loQal – Travel and Outdoors | Philippines August 16, 2010 at 6:31 pm

[…] Travel blogger havenhunter says Bellaroca is the closest you can get to a Santorini getaway without leaving the Philippines. The Mediterranean architecture sets it apart from other luxury resorts, she adds in the website Weekendhaven.com. […]

• Reply singapore company registration July 11, 2011 at 10:54 am

Great post. I was checking constantly this blog and I’m impressed! Extremely helpful information specially the last part :) I care for such info much. I was looking for this particular information for a long time. Thank you and good luck.

• Reply Umbrella Insurance in New York August 15, 2011 at 7:29 pm

There are certainly numerous details like that to take into consideration. That could be a great point to convey up. I provide the ideas above as basic inspiration however clearly there are questions just like the one you carry up the place a very powerful factor can be working in trustworthy good faith. I don?t know if greatest practices have emerged round issues like that, however I am sure that your job is clearly recognized as a good game. Both boys and girls feel the affect of just a moment’s pleasure, for the rest of their lives.

• Reply annah September 7, 2011 at 3:45 pm

uy ang ganda talaga ng resort it is very beutiful :-) :-) :-)) :yes: 8-) :chic: ;-) :-|

• Reply Jonas dela Santa December 7, 2011 at 12:52 pm

hi guys!im also from marinduque,i really want to visit belleroca,do u already have a day tour?how much is it?

• Reply Aljen Villamor July 29, 2012 at 3:45 am

Hi,

Pls email me ur rates, packages & other promotions. Thanks.

• Reply Stella Avellaneda October 5, 2012 at 3:17 pm

Hi,

I’m Stella, and I find your blog really enticing, what interests me are the photos, is ti possible if you could offer me one of your pictures to be used for a calendar next year. A Hi – resolution photo would be great. Please get in touch with me via my email address and my mobile number 09178493426.

• Reply Jam November 3, 2012 at 7:50 pm

Hi, My family have a house in marinduque, can i ask if u have day tour /overnight stay in bellarocca? Thanks!

• havenhunter
      Reply havenhunter November 8, 2012 at 10:20 pm

Hi Jam, you can visit their site or email Bellaroca directly for the current accommodation rates.

• Reply Sashi January 15, 2013 at 10:01 pm

ang ganda naman!! Luxury talaga and exclusive.
    I want to visit it someday…
    Sosyal din ang pangalannnn! Love it!